Hadwen Park Congregational Church
United Church of Christ
6 Clover Street, Worcester MA 01603 | 508-752-7489
Office Hours: 9 am - 2 pm | Tues., Thurs., Fri.
Get Member Portal HELP | See Portal FAQs
HPC Food Pantry & Other Food Resources
Help us keep our Food Pantry full and operating.
- Donate: The need for food in the Worcester area is great. With your help we can keep the Food Pantry at our church full. Small brown shopping bags are available in the narthex and on the stairway landing. Attached to each bag is the name of an item needed in the pantry. Most items can be purchased for less than $5.00. If everyone takes a bag each week we'll be able to keep the food pantry full. Bring the filled bag to the basket in the narthex. We'll reuse the bag. Financial donations are welcome, too; just write "Food Pantry" in the memo section of your check and place it in the offering plate.
- Volunteer: Workers are needed to operate the Pantry on Mondays and Wednesdays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Volunteers let clients in and assist them in choosing the food they need. Because some days see only light use of the Pantry, feel free to bring a friend, read a book or work on your knitting while waiting for pantry users. You can sign up online for one or more days to work. Go to SignUp.com; review the available dates and sign up for a convenient date (or dates) for you. You don't need to register or create an account! And the website does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer, you can contact the pantry coordinator to sign up. Send an email to Gail Sund-Lussier with your questions: email@example.com.
Local & Regional Food Resources & Assistance
The Worcester County Food Bank is a member of America's Second Harvest, the nation's official network of food banks and food rescue organizations. The base of operations for the Worcester County Food Bank is a 37,000 square foot facility located at 474 Boston Turnpike (Route 9), Shrewsbury, MA. WIC is a federally funded nutrition program that provides nutrition and health education, healthy food and other services free of charge to Mass. families that qualify. (WIC stands for Women, Infants and Children.) To apply, call 1-800-WIC-1007 or contact a WIC program in your community. Massachusetts Children's Fund: Over 100,000 Mass. children lack adequate nutrition each day. Our goal is to fill these needs through direct donations of baby food, formula and supplies to local babies in need. In addition to food deliveries, we provide volunteers to do nutritional counseling at local shelters and organizations. Educating parents about the means of proper nutrition is the first important step to breaking the cycle of poor health. Finally, we provide a fully tax deductible vehicle for the donation of used cribs, strollers, car seats and other baby supplies. The SNAP/Food Stamp Program serves as the first line of defense against hunger. It enables low-income families to buy nutritious food with Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) cards. Food stamp recipients spend their benefits to buy eligible food in authorized retail food stores. Worcester Meals on Wheels Program: Nutritionally balanced meals are delivered by drivers who also provide frail and isolated elders with a welcome link to the outside world. South Worcester Neighborhood Center: The mission of the South Worcester Neighborhood Improvement Corporation, better known as the South Worcester Neighborhood Center, is to 'build neighborhoods'. Emergency Food Services are available at all of our sites, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., 47 Camp Street, Worcester MA 01603.
These are the food products needed in the Hadwen Park Church Food Pantry.
- Bread Mix: Banana, Corn, Pumpkin
- Canned Fruits - Fruit Cocktail, Peaches, Pears, Pineapple
- Canned Vegetables - Beets, Carrots, Mixed Vegetables
- Crackers (Saltines, Ritz, etc.)
- Juices - Apple, Cranberry, Grape & Orange
- Look for supermarket specials such as "Buy 5 items for $5" or "Buy one get one free."
- Use manufacturers coupons to save more money.
- Buy canned goods by the case at wholesale clubs (such as BJ's).