Hadwen Park Congregational Church
United Church of Christ
6 Clover Street, Worcester MA 01603
Office Hours: 9am - 2 pm
Mon., Wed., Fri.
Welcome to Hadwen Park Congregational Church
United Church of Christ
We believe that all people of every age, physical or mental ability, body image, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, social-economic background, family construct and faith tradition are equal in the eyes of God and this congregation. When entering our sanctuary, you will be greeted with a smile, an extended hand and feel the love of Christ surrounding you.
We are an Open and Affirming congregation.
Here, you are a stranger, but once.
Written by the Social Justice Task Force
Approved by Hadwen Park Church Trustees, 4/7/04
Want more information?
Call or write our church secretary, Betty Jane,
Hunger is always with us.
Our Food Pantry is continually in use by those
in need. Thus, it is always open to donations of
non-perishable items. Please remember the Pantry when doing your grocery shopping. See our list of needed items. Or pick up one of the specially marked bags in our Narthex or on the stair landing. Bring your donations when you come to worship. They are an offering of thanks to God.
Worship & Events
Join us every Sunday at 10 a.m. for worship.
A nursery is available for infants through 2-year-olds; parents may watch their fussy children in the nursery and still hear the service. September - May, children aged 3 through high school sit with their parents/guardians in worship until excused to their Sunday School classes. June - August, children attend worship with their parents/guardians. A time for fellowship and refreshments follows worship at 11 a.m. All are welcome. Watch for more information on these and other events which will be posted as details become available. Or contact the church office at email@example.com.
- Sunday, September 25 - Worship & Sunday School, 10 a.m. (Preceded by Adult Choir practice, 8:45 a.m.; Children's Choir practice, 9:30 a.m.) Fellowship Hour, 11 a.m.
- Sunday, October 2 - Worship with Communion & Sunday School, 10 a.m. (Preceded by Adult Choir practice, 8:45 a.m.; Children's Choir practice, 9:30 a.m.) Fellowship Hour, 11 a.m.
- Sunday, October 9 - Worship & Sunday School, 10 a.m. (Preceded by Adult Choir practice, 8:45 a.m.; Children's Choir practice, 9:30 a.m.) Fellowship Hour, 11 a.m.
- Sunday, October 16 - FAMILY Worship with Baptism, 10 a.m. (Preceded by Adult Choir practice, 8:45 a.m.; Children's Choir practice, 9:30 a.m.) Fellowship Hour, 11 a.m.; Church World Service CROP Walk, 12 p.m. Children will remain in worship with their parents throughout the service. You can sign up to walk and/or sponsor a walker through the CROP Walk link above.
- Sunday, October 23 - Worship & Sunday School, 10 a.m.(Preceded by Adult Choir practice, 8:45 a.m.; Children's Choir practice, 9:30 a.m.) Fellowship Hour, 11 a.m.
- Sunday, October 30 - Totenfest Service & Sunday School, 10 a.m. (Preceded by Adult Choir practice, 8:45 a.m.; Children's Choir practice, 9:30 a.m.) Fellowship Hour, 11 a.m. During this service we remember the "saints" who have passed from this life during the year past.
Remember a special
person or event.
There are dates available on the flower calendar. Why not provide flowers for the communion table in memory or honor of a loved one or in celebration of a special event? The calendar is posted in the narthex as you enter the church. Add your name to the date you want, fill out a form and leave it and a check ($25/2 vases, $12.50/1 vase) in the inbox outside BJ's office or mail it to the church. You may also bring your own flowers; just be sure to sign up and that the flowers are in place by 9:30 before worship begins.
Friday Evening Support Group helps anyone who is struggling
Designed for anyone dealing with an addiction or a compulsion or with any challenge they find hard to overcome (or for those who care about those who are struggling), this group meets every Friday at 7 p.m. in the church conference room. Come to find support and guidance from others who struggle. Speak if you wish, but know your words will not be repeated outside the group. Find no judgement, no discrimination . . . only support. Contact the church office for more information: 508.752.7489 or theplaceof firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diving back into Sunday School!
Even though Rally Day is in the past,
you can still register your children
for Sunday School, which began on
This year's theme is "Diving Deep" and classes will use the "Deep Blue" curriculum, which includes Bible stories presented through engaging, age-appropriate activities, music, games, conversations and much more. Children will learn to live as Christians.
Each Sunday, children attend worship at 10 a.m. with their parents/guardians until they are excused to go to their classes as follows:
- Preschool - Grade 1 in the Apple Tree Classroom downstairs
- Grades 2-5 in the Back Classroom downstairs
- Grades 6-8 ("Submerge!") in the Conference Room upstairs
Team teachers and other volunteers are always needed. Lessons are pre-planned for teachers. Other volunteers help with arts/crafts, music, dance, holidays, pageant costumes/props and publicity. Contact Director of Christian Education Susan Crimer to volunteer or for more information: email@example.com.
Sharing/showing God's love
Our congregation has been challenged in the last few weeks with illness, injury and death. We are grateful to the many members and friends of HPC, children and adults, who have shared their stories, music and prayers with us during morning worship and whenever God’s spirit moved them. The love and care expressed through cards, phone calls, visits and food gave strength to those who were in distress. We thank God for each other and pray we may broadcast that love to the world.
(An album of more photos from August 21 and 28 is on our Facebook page.)
Many thanks . . .
. . . to the anonymous
donor who has given us
a new parking lot! (Here
is a photo of the work
being done on Wed.,
August 31.) We will all
benefit from this
Calling all high-schoolers!
Nick and Stephanie will lead the Senior High Youth Group this year. If you are interested in joining, please contact them and let them know so they can add you to the contact list. The first meeting will be held on Sunday, September 25. Keep an eye on our HPC Youth page on Facebook for up-to-date info on youth doings.
Rally Day was a blessing!
In fact, worship on Sunday, September 11 was a blessing in many ways. The Choirs returned to praise God in song. The children brought backpacks to be blessed for assisting their academic journeys. A prayer shawl was sent on its way with many blessings to a special friend recovering from a serious car accident.
- Sunday, November 13 - Stewardship & New Member Sunday, 10 a.m.
- Sunday, November 20 - Thanksgiving Sunday, 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, November 23 - Thanksgiving Eve Service, 7 p.m.
- Saturday, November 26 - Greening of the Church (for Advent/Christmas season), 9 a.m.
- Thursday, December 8 - Blue Christmas Service, 7 p.m.
- Sunday, December 11 - Christmas Pageant Service, 4 p.m.
- Sunday, December 18 - Christmas Cantata, 10 a.m.
- Saturday, December 24 - Christmas Candlelight Service, 11 p.m.
- Sunday, December 25 - Christmas Day - Please worship at home with your family.
Children give hands-on blessing . . .
On their first day of Sunday School (September 18), the children blessed our Director of Christian Education before her coming surgery. Bless them for caring!
For more photos of this Sunday, visit our