Hadwen Park Congregational Church
United Church of Christ
6 Clover Street, Worcester MA 01603 | 508-752-7489
Office Hours: 9 am - 2 pm | Tues., Thurs., Fri.
Get Member Portal HELP | See Portal FAQs
Welcome to Hadwen Park Congregational Church
United Church of Christ
We believe that all people of every age, physical or mental ability, body image, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, social-economic background, family construct and faith tradition are equal in the eyes of God and this congregation. When entering our sanctuary, you will be greeted with a smile, an extended hand and feel the love of Christ surrounding you.
We are an Open and Affirming congregation.
Here, you are a stranger, but once.
Written by the Social Justice Task Force
Approved by Hadwen Park Church Trustees, 4/7/04
Want more information?
Call or write our church secretary, Sharon,
Remember a special
person or event.
Once we are again worshiping together in body, why not provide flowers for the communion table in memory or honor of a loved one or in celebration of a special event? The flower calendar is posted in the narthex as you enter the church. Add your name to the date you want, fill out a form and leave it and a check ($30/2 vases, $15/1 vase) in the inbox outside the church office or mail it to the church. You may also bring your own flowers; just be sure to sign up and that the flowers are in place by 9:30 before worship begins.
Help the HPC Food Pantry
feed hungry neighbors!
- Donations: Our Food Pantry is continually in use by those in need. Thus, it is always open to donations of non-perishable items. Please remember the Pantry when doing your grocery shopping. See our list of needed items. Or pick up one of the specially marked bags in our Narthex or on the stair landing. Bring your donations when you come to worship. Or write a check to HPC with "Food Pantry" in the memo line and put it in the offering plate. Think of it as an offering of thanks to God.
- Volunteering: Are you available on Mondays or Wednesdays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.? Sign up for a day to staff the Pantry. See a description of the need and instructions for signing up on the Food Pantry Page.
Save these dates:
If we've been given the all-clear to resume activities by mid-May, here are some dates you'll want to note.
- Sunday, May 17 - Children's Sunday Service, 10 a.m.
- Sunday, May 31 - Pentecost & Confirmation Sunday, 10 a.m.
- Monday - Friday, July 13-17 - Vacation Bible School
- Sunday - Saturday, July 19-25 - Youth Mission Trip (Rochester, NY)
Can't wait to hear . . .
. . . our Choir's wonderful voices lifted together in praise again. Thank you all for sharing your talents and to Brett, our minister of music, for bringing out their best. When we are again able to gather together, you might like to join them. Practice is held on Wednesday evenings at 7 p.m. The Choir also practices at 9 a.m. on Sundays before worship begins.
Dear HPC Family & Friends,
Although our building is closed and we have suspended all physical activities, we continue to worship via YouTube and Facebook and to see and hear each other via Zoom. (See more at left.)
Please do mail in your weekly pledge check, as our bills will not be suspended during this period.
Use this link to log on to our online member portal to find contact information for HPC members so you can stay in touch with each other - especially with those who are not online and may feel isolated and unsure of what is happening. (If you have not yet set up a portal account, please contact Sharon.)
This is a good time to read your Bible and/or any devotional materials you may have at home or find online. And it’s a good time to pray for our world and the health of its people, economies and culture.
"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change..."
God bless you and keep you safe!
The HPC Leadership
HPC Food Pantry has resumed!
After a two-week hiatus, our Food Pantry reopened on a limited basis and with a new, safe-distancing procedure.
- If you need food, come to the church parking lot on Wednesdays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Ring the porch doorbell and speak to host through the window and return to your car. The host will bring the food to your car.
- If you are donating food, ring the door bell and leave the bag(s) under the covered porch 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Wednesdays. For a list of foods needed, click here.
Thanks to theKozicz family for providing this wonderful ministry!
Worship, prayer and fellowship have not been cancelled - they’ve just moved online. Join us.
- Sunday Worship Videos: HPC YouTube Channel (Each week’s service will be ready on Saturday evening. Experience at the same time as other members and friends at 10 a.m. on Sunday or whenever it’s convenient for you.)
- Printable Sunday Orders of Service: Download Sunday's service, print and follow as you worship.
- Virtual Coffee Hours: Sunday, 11 a.m. on Zoom. (Use the link provided in the email sent each week from Pastor Judy to all members and friends of HPC. If you are not on our list, contact Pastor Judy at email@example.com.)
- Live Weekly Prayer Services: Wednesdays, 7 p.m. on our FaceBook page