Hadwen Park Congregational Church
United Church of Christ
6 Clover Street, Worcester MA 01603 | 508-752-7489
Office Hours: 9 am - 2 pm | Wed., Thurs., Fri.
Get Member Portal HELP | See Portal FAQs
Welcome to Hadwen Park Congregational Church
United Church of Christ
We believe that all people of every age, physical or mental ability, body image, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, social-economic background, family construct and faith tradition are equal in the eyes of God and this congregation. When entering our sanctuary, you will be greeted with a smile, an extended hand and feel the love of Christ surrounding you.
We are an Open and Affirming congregation.
Here, you are a stranger, but once.
Written by the Social Justice Task Force
Approved by Hadwen Park Church Trustees, 4/7/04
Want more information?
Call or write our church secretary, Sharon,
Holy Week &
Join us every Sunday at 10 a.m.
All are welcome!
- Children aged 3 - grade 8 begin in worship with their family and are dismissed to Sunday School after about 15 minutes. Mid-September through mid-May, classes are held during the rest of worship. (On Communion Sundays, children begin in their Sunday School classes and come to the sanctuary for Communion with their families.) Mid-May thru mid-September, children are invited to “Children’s Church” for stories and activities during the sermon time.
- Throughout the year, a time for fellowship and refreshments is held downstairs after worship.
- Thursday, April 18 - Maundy Thursday Service: Dramatization of the Last Supper, 7 p.m.
- Friday, April 18 - Good Friday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Sanctuary open for private prayer and meditation.
- Saturday, April 20 - Easter Egg Hunt, 10 a.m. to noon (See details on this page.)
- Sunday, April 21 - Easter Sunrise Service, 5:45 a.m., church parking lot
- Sunday, April 21 - Easter Worship, 10 a.m. (no Sunday School, no coffee hour today)
- Friday, April 26 - Dress Rehearsal for Worcester Schubertiad Concert, 7:30 p.m. Enjoy this free program of classical music by 6 award-winning young musicians - piano, saxophone, clarinet & voice.
- Sunday, April 28 - 2nd Sunday of Easter Worship & Sunday School, 10 a.m. (Choir rehearses at 9 a.m.)
- Sunday, April 28 - Youth Hot Dog Fundraiser, 11 a.m.
- Saturday, May 4 - Yoga, 9 a.m.
- Saturday, May 4 - Supper (5 p.m.) & Talent Show (6 p.m.) to benefit summer camperships and Youth Missions Trip. Watch for more details.
- Sunday, May 5 - Worship with Communion & Sunday School, 10 a.m. (Choir rehearses at 9 a.m.)
- Saturday, May 11 - Scouts Plant Sale (8 a.m. to 1 p.m.)Saturday, May 11 - Yoga, 9 a.m.
- Sunday, May 12 - Worship & Sunday School, 10 a.m. (Choir rehearses at 9 a.m.)
- Monday, May 13 - LGBT Asylum Task Force Community Dinner, 6 p.m. (See details on this page.)
- Friday, May 17 - Adult Fellowship Potluck Supper & Program on New England's General Stores featuring Ted Reinstein. (See details on this page.)
- Saturday, May 18 - Children's Sunday Practice, 9 a.m. to noon; office hours for minister of faith formation, 12-4 p.m.
- Sunday, May 19 - Children's Sunday Worship, 10 a.m. (Kids Choir practices at 9 a.m. in Fellowship Hall; Adult Choir practices in Sanctuary at 9 a.m.)
- Saturday, May 25 - Yoga, 9 a.m.
- Sunday, May 26 - Worship & Children's Church, 10 a.m. (Choir rehearses at 9 a.m.)
Remember a special
person or event.
There are dates available on the flower calendar. Why not provide flowers for the communion table in memory or honor of a loved one or in celebration of a special event? The calendar is posted in the narthex as you enter the church. Add your name to the date you want, fill out a form and leave it and a check ($25/2 vases, $12.50/1 vase) in the inbox outside the church office or mail it to the church. You may also bring your own flowers; just be sure to sign up and that the flowers are in place by 9:30 before worship begins.
HPC Food Pantry Needs Your Help
- Donations: Our Food Pantry is continually in use by those in need. Thus, it is always open to donations of non-perishable items. Please remember the Pantry when doing your grocery shopping. See our list of needed items. Or pick up one of the specially marked bags in our Narthex or on the stair landing. Bring your donations when you come to worship. Or write a check to HPC with "Food Pantry" in the memo line and put it in the offering plate. Think of it as an offering of thanks to God.
- Volunteering: Are you available on Mondays or Wednesdays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.? Sign up for a day to staff the Pantry. See a description of the need and instructions for signing up on the Food Pantry Page.
For your calendar:
- Saturday, June 1 - Scouts Can Can Drive, 9 a.m. to noon
- Saturday, June 1 - Scouts Brush & Brunch Fundraiser, 10 a.m. to noon (Paint your own sign.)
- Saturday, June 8 - Youth Group Car Wash, 9 a.m. to noon
- Sunday, June 9 - Worship with Mark Thallander at the order, 10 a.m.
- Sunday, June 16 - Music Sunday - Worship & Children's Church, 10 a.m.
- Sunday, June 23 - Mission/Social Justice Committee & Youth Groups at Worcester Fellowship, 11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, July 31 - Trip to Star Island, $40 (includes ferry and lunch). Watch for more information.
- Monday-Friday, July 15-19 - Vacation Bible School!
It takes all ages . . .
. . . gender identities, races, ethnicities, sexual preferences, etc. to lead and participate in worship at Hadwen Park Church. All are welcome here.
Come join us!
A big, beautiful occasion!
On April 7, the Central Association of the Massachusetts Conference, United Church of Christ, ordained our own Sarah Sund-Lussier to the Christian ministry and installed her as HPC's associate pastor of faith formation. What a beautiful service. Blessings on you, Sarah! We are so proud that you chose us with whom to share your faith journey, your seminary years, and your beautiful family. (See more photos on our Facebook page.)
Hosanna and Blessings!
On Palm Sunday, our children waved palm fronds in the traditional procession commemorating Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem as we all sang "Hosanna" to our King. At the end of the service, we blessed our friend and member Harriet and her long-awaited family who finally arrived safely from Uganda. Welcome and godspeed to this beautiful family!