Hadwen Park Congregational Church
United Church of Christ
6 Clover Street, Worcester MA 01603 | 508-752-7489
Office Hours: 9 am - 2 pm | Wed., Thurs., Fri.
Get Member Portal HELP | See Portal FAQs
Welcome to Hadwen Park Congregational Church
United Church of Christ
We believe that all people of every age, physical or mental ability, body image, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, social-economic background, family construct and faith tradition are equal in the eyes of God and this congregation. When entering our sanctuary, you will be greeted with a smile, an extended hand and feel the love of Christ surrounding you.
We are an Open and Affirming congregation.
Here, you are a stranger, but once.
Written by the Social Justice Task Force
Approved by Hadwen Park Church Trustees, 4/7/04
Want more information?
Call or write our church secretary, Sharon,
Spring Worship & Events
Join us every Sunday at 10 a.m.
All are welcome!
- Children aged 3 - grade 8 begin in worship with their family and are dismissed to Sunday School after about 15 minutes. Mid-September through mid-May, classes are held during the rest of worship. (On Communion Sundays, children begin in their Sunday School classes and come to the sanctuary for Communion with their families.) Mid-May thru mid-September, children are invited to Children’s Church** for stories and activities during the sermon time.
- Throughout the year, a time for fellowship and refreshments is held downstairs after worship.
- Sunday, June 16 - Music Sunday with Children's Church, 10 a.m. Minister of Music Brett Maguire will lead a celebration of hymns! (Choir practice at 9 a.m.)
- Friday, June 21 - Adult Fellowship Pool Party, 6-8:30 p.m., at the Nickerson's
- Sunday, June 23 - Worship with Children's Church and our Summer Singers, 10 a.m. (Singers practice at 9 a.m.) Speaker: Wesley Wiggins and family.
- Sunday, June 24 - Mission & Social Justice Committee and Youth Group attend Worcester Fellowship, 11 a.m. (Youth and MSJ will prepare box lunches at 9 a.m.)
- Saturday, June 29 - Yoga with Al Green, 9 a.m.
- Saturday, June 29 - Tour of Worcester's LGBTQ Journey, 12 p.m., Worcester Historical Museum (30 Elm Street, parking on Chestnut Street). Cost: $5. Private tour of new exhibit for HPC members and friends. For more information, contact Al Green, email@example.com.)
- Sunday, June 30 - Worship with Children's Church, 10 a.m.
Remember a special
person or event.
There are dates available on the flower calendar. Why not provide flowers for the communion table in memory or honor of a loved one or in celebration of a special event? The calendar is posted in the narthex as you enter the church. Add your name to the date you want, fill out a form and leave it and a check ($25/2 vases, $12.50/1 vase) in the inbox outside the church office or mail it to the church. You may also bring your own flowers; just be sure to sign up and that the flowers are in place by 9:30 before worship begins.
HPC Food Pantry Needs Your Help
- Donations: Our Food Pantry is continually in use by those in need. Thus, it is always open to donations of non-perishable items. Please remember the Pantry when doing your grocery shopping. See our list of needed items. Or pick up one of the specially marked bags in our Narthex or on the stair landing. Bring your donations when you come to worship. Or write a check to HPC with "Food Pantry" in the memo line and put it in the offering plate. Think of it as an offering of thanks to God.
- Volunteering: Are you available on Mondays or Wednesdays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.? Sign up for a day to staff the Pantry. See a description of the need and instructions for signing up on the Food Pantry Page.
Save these dates:
- Monday-Friday, July 15-19 - Vacation Bible School! 9 a.m. to noon; grades k-8; contact Pastor Sarah for more information or to sign up: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saturday, July 13 - 2nd Annual Summer Fun Day, Buffumville Recreation Area, Charlton
- Wednesday, July 31 - Trip to Star Island, $40 (includes ferry and lunch). Watch for more information.
- Saturday, August 17 - Health Fair, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.;Free health checks, chair yoga, kiddie's corner
- Sunday, September 22 - Harvest Festival, 11 a.m. (following worship) to 3 p.m. Baked goods, games & activities, fresh produce.
Please welcome the latest additions to our church family!
Four friends became family on New Member Sunday, May 12. Please welcome Keith, Sharinah, Josephine and Susan when you see them at worship, in committee meetings or times of fellowship. We are so glad they have joined our faith community! And we enjoyed the musical offerings of our choir and a guest violinist.
"And a little child shall lead them . . ."
Sunday, May 19, was Children's Sunday at HPC. Our Sunday School children and youth helped lead worship and brought joy and enthusiasm to their leadership. Minister of Faith Formation Sarah Sund-Lussier preached. In addition, the sacrament of baptism was given to a child whose family goes back several generations at HPC. Welcome, little one!
Visit our Facebook page for more images of Children's Sunday.
Local celebrity shares stories of general stores
On Friday, May 17, the 2&1 Adult Fellowship enjoyed hearing WCVB-TV 5's Ted Reinstein give an illustrated talk about New England's General Stores - the topic of one of his three books. Ted reports on a variety of people and places all over New England on the channel's "Chronicle" program and is a lively and entertaining speaker. He illustrated his talk with slides of many community stores.The potluck supper that preceded his talk was enjoyed by the nearly 40 members and friends who attended. What a great night!
When the Holy Spirit came to the Disciples and the Christian Church was born!
We celebrated the "birthday of the church" on June 9 in style, with red and yellow streamers, red "tongues of fire" headdresses, the Pentecost story read in a variety of tongues simultaneously, stirring organ music by our old friend Mark Thallander, our choir and a saxophonist, and the baptism of a sweet little boy.
Watch for more information to come!