Hadwen Park Congregational Church
United Church of Christ
6 Clover Street, Worcester MA 01603 | 508-752-7489
Office Hours: 9 am - 2 pm | Tues., Thurs., Fri.
Get Member Portal HELP | See Portal FAQs
Welcome to Hadwen Park Congregational Church
United Church of Christ
We believe that all people of every age, physical or mental ability, body image, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, social-economic background, family construct and faith tradition are equal in the eyes of God and this congregation. When entering our sanctuary, you will be greeted with a smile, an extended hand and feel the love of Christ surrounding you.
We are an Open and Affirming congregation.
Here, you are a stranger, but once.
Written by the Social Justice Task Force
Approved by Hadwen Park Church Trustees, 4/7/04
Want more information?
Call or write our church secretary, Sharon,
Winter Worship & Other Events
Join us every Sunday at 10 a.m.
All are welcome!
- Children aged 3 - grade 8 begin in worship with their family and are dismissed to Sunday School after about 15 minutes. Mid-September through mid-May, classes are held during the rest of worship. (On Communion Sundays, children begin in their Sunday School classes and come to the sanctuary for Communion with their families.) Mid-May thru mid-September, children are invited to “Children’s Church” for stories and activities during the sermon time.
- Throughout the year, a time for fellowship and refreshments is held downstairs after worship.
- Sunday, January 27 - Worship & Sunday School, 10 a.m. (Choir practices at 9 a.m.) The Rev. Sam Lovett, chaplain at College of the Holy Cross will lead worship.
- Sunday, January 27 - Realm Cafe, 11 a.m. Learn about our new online calendar and church directory during coffee hour. If you haven't done so already, get help establishing your account and uploading your information and a photo to this secure HPC site.
- Sunday, February 3 - Worship & Sunday School, 10 a.m. The Rev. Marilyn Wilcox will lead worship. (Choir practices at 9 a.m.)
- Sunday, February 3 - Super Bowl of Chili Fundraiser for Youth Mission Trip, 11 a.m. Two servings of your choice of beef, turkey or veggie chili - $8. More info to come about ordering.
- Sunday, February 10 - Pancake Breakfast to benefit our Scout Troops, 8-9:30 a.m. (Watch for more information to come.)
- Sunday, February 10 - Scout Sunday - Worship & Sunday School, 10 a.m. (Choir practices at 9 a.m.)
- Sunday, February 10 - Hadwen Park Congregational Church Annual Meeting, 11 a.m. (immediately following worship). All members are requested to be present to vote on our 2019 budget, elect officers and conduct other business. Please attend.
While Pastor Judy is away, please contact Sharon Collins (508.335.2181) or Susanne Hubbard (508.885.6336) if care is needed in an emergency.
Remember a special
person or event.
There are dates available on the flower calendar. Why not provide flowers for the communion table in memory or honor of a loved one or in celebration of a special event? The calendar is posted in the narthex as you enter the church. Add your name to the date you want, fill out a form and leave it and a check ($25/2 vases, $12.50/1 vase) in the inbox outside the church office or mail it to the church. You may also bring your own flowers; just be sure to sign up and that the flowers are in place by 9:30 before worship begins.
HPC Food Pantry Needs Your Help
- Donations: Our Food Pantry is continually in use by those in need. Thus, it is always open to donations of non-perishable items. Please remember the Pantry when doing your grocery shopping. See our list of needed items. Or pick up one of the specially marked bags in our Narthex or on the stair landing. Bring your donations when you come to worship. Or write a check to HPC with "Food Pantry" in the memo line and put it in the offering plate. Think of it as an offering of thanks to God.
- Volunteering: Are you available on Mondays or Wednesdays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.? Sign up for a day to staff the Pantry. See a description of the need and instructions for signing up on the Food Pantry Page.
Watch WCVB-TV3, the Boston Channel, for closings or delays at HPC. You can also check this website, but do not depend on the website alone as it may not have been updated when you visit.
Thanks to our children for telling the Christmas story in their afternoon Pageant on December 16!
Lessons & Carols prepare us for His coming!
A beautiful service of lessons and carols was observed on the 4th Sunday of Advent with many members participating in the readings, the music, and a tableaux - including a live newborn who slept through it all. The perfect Jesus Child (even though he was a she). More photos on our Facebook page.