Hadwen Park Congregational Church
United Church of Christ
6 Clover Street, Worcester MA 01603 | 508-752-7489
Office Hours: 9 am - 2 pm | Tues., Thurs., Fri.
Get Member Portal HELP | See Portal FAQs
Welcome to Hadwen Park Congregational Church
United Church of Christ
We believe that all people of every age, physical or mental ability, body image, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, social-economic background, family construct and faith tradition are equal in the eyes of God and this congregation. When entering our sanctuary, you will be greeted with a smile, an extended hand and feel the love of Christ surrounding you.
We are an Open and Affirming congregation.
Here, you are a stranger, but once.
Written by the Social Justice Task Force
Approved by Hadwen Park Church Trustees, 4/7/04
Want more information?
Call or write our church secretary, Sharon,
About gathering together again:
Dear HPC Members and Friends,
A Re-opening Task Force is looking into when and how it will be safe for us to gather again in-person for worship in our sanctuary. Before that can happen, there needs to be
- Stable or decreasing positive cases of COVID-19 in Massachusetts for at least three weeks
- Public schools need to be open at least part time
In addition, we will follow the recommendations of the CDC and the United Church of Christ. While some decisions are yet to be made, we know we will follow these guidelines:
- No hymnals or bibles in the pews
- No passing of collection plates
- No sharing of communion elements
- No congregational or choir singing
- Social distancing will be required between family groups
When we do meet again, we will continue providing a virtual service for those who are not ready to meet in person. Coffee Hour will continue to be virtual as well.
Your Re-Opening Task Force
HPC Food Pantry open Wednesdays.
Our Food Pantry is open on a limited basis and with a safe-distancing procedure.
- If you need food, come to the church parking lot on Wednesdays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Ring the porch doorbell, speak to the host through the window and return to your car. The host will bring the food to your car.
- If you are donating food, ring the door bell and leave the bag(s) under the covered porch 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Wednesdays. For a list of foods needed, click here.
- If you are able to be a volunteer host, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 508.208.0505. We need more help!
Thanks to the Kozicz family for setting up our pandemic procedures to carry on this wonderful ministry!
Join us weekly for virtual worship, study and fellowship.
- Virtual Sunday School: 9:30 a.m. (Grades K-5); 10:45 a.m. (ages 2-4). Contact Pastor Sarah, email@example.com, for access instructions.
- Sunday Worship Videos: HPC YouTube Channel (Each week’s service will be ready on Saturday evening. Experience at the same time as other members and friends at 10 a.m. on Sunday or whenever it’s convenient for you. All videos since March 22 are available.)
- Printable Sunday Bulletins: Download this Sunday's service, print and follow as you worship.
- Live Coffee Hours: Sunday, 11 a.m. on Zoom. (Use the link provided in the email sent each week from Pastor Judy to all members and friends of HPC. If you are not on our list, contact Pastor Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Confirmation Class: Scheduled at convenience of class members; contact Maurice for more information: email@example.com.
- Live Bible Study Care Group: Tuesday, 10 a.m. on Zoom; contact Pastor Judy for access information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Live Choir Meetings: Wednesday, 7 p.m. on Zoom; contact Brett Maguire for access information: email@example.com.
If you are just discovering Hadwen Park Church and want to know how we normally operate, please visit our other pages via the blue navigation bar above.
We can receive online donations.
Click the word "DONATE" on our blue navigation bar above.
May we suggest?
Spiritual practices, such as prayer, meditation, devotional reading, Bible study, hymn-singing and many more are helping to sustain people of all faiths during this pandemic.
Brett Maguire, who serves HPC as our minister of music, is also a practitioner of yoga and Buddhist meditation, a climber and a vegan. You may find the videos on his YouTube channel helpful to you as you seek strength and inner peace in days of uncertainty.
There are videos on meditation, cooking, climbing and even a wonderful organ recital.
About his video offerings, Brett says, "To me, life is an opportunity to climb, do yoga, and grow. I hope that by sharing my passion and knowledge, you will be inspired to climb higher, do more yoga, and keep growing. Climb on!"
Hadwen Park Church stands in prayerful support of our Black members, Black neighbors, and the entire Black community.
Our heart breaks, as God’s heart breaks, at the racism that persists in our country. We pledge to take action, as Jesus did, for justice and against inequality.
HPC members and friends have participated in several recent area protests.
Confirmation Class in the swim
It was almost like pre-pandemic times when the Confirmation Class enjoyed a pool party recently. Almost . . . except that they kept their social distance from one another. Praying for an effective vaccine to prevent this virus from continuing to harm our loved ones and keep us apart.
Live Coffee Hours keep us connected!
Every Sunday, HPC members and friends get together on Zoom at 11 a.m. to chat - almost like we do at our regular after-worship coffee hours. While we aren't able to share hugs and refreshments, we still share joys, concerns, stories and opinions. In fact, we find we are getting to know each other better and are interacting with more people than we usually do since we often sit at tables and talk only with those where we are seated. Discussions often center on the week's worship video, current events, requests for prayer, or family news. Join us by getting the Zoom URL from Pastor Sarah Sund-Lussier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday School continues online!
Every Sunday, kids and teachers gather via Zoom for a short lesson.
- Tots ages 2-5ish meet with Susan Crimer at 10:45 a.m.
- Kids in kindergarten through grade 5 get together at 9:30 a.m. with Pastor Sarah.
- We use Sparkhouse digital curriculum to keep the kids learning and growing in their faith.
In the fall, we'll have a virtual Rally Day and continue to meet online through October at least.
Recently, the younger group learned how God makes us all special - like bubbles. So they all went outside their homes and blew bubbles, like our friend here with the bubble wand.
Pastor Judy asks:
You are cordially invited to a virtual evening of celebration, dining and dancing.
Hear from asylum seekers, as they share their visions for the future!
Saturday, September 26, 2020
Ever heard of STAY-cation Bible School?
That's what we do when a nasty bug keeps us at home. That's right, our 2020 Vacation Bible School is virtual.
For the FIVE SUNDAYS IN AUGUST, we'll meet on Zoom at the same time as regular Sunday School and enjoy all the fun stuff available in a curriculum developed by the Presbyterian Church. "Feet that Follow" teaches us that we don't need to travel far to be disciples of Christ. We can connect and share God's love even when we are sheltering in place. (And flat Jesus will join us!)
- 9:30 a.m. - Grades K-5 with Pastor Sarah
- 10:45 a.m. - Ages 2-4 with Susan Crimer