Hadwen Park Congregational Church
United Church of Christ
6 Clover Street, Worcester MA 01603 | 508-752-7489
Office Hours: 9 am - 2 pm | Wed., Thurs., Fri.
Get Member Portal HELP | See Portal FAQs
Welcome to Hadwen Park Congregational Church
United Church of Christ
We believe that all people of every age, physical or mental ability, body image, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, social-economic background, family construct and faith tradition are equal in the eyes of God and this congregation. When entering our sanctuary, you will be greeted with a smile, an extended hand and feel the love of Christ surrounding you.
We are an Open and Affirming congregation.
Here, you are a stranger, but once.
Written by the Social Justice Task Force
Approved by Hadwen Park Church Trustees, 4/7/04
Want more information?
Call or write our church secretary, Sharon,
Summer Worship & Events
Join us every Sunday at 10 a.m.
All are welcome!
- Mid-September thru mid-May: Children aged 3 - grade 8 begin in worship with their family and are dismissed to Sunday School after about 15 minutes. Classes are held during the rest of worship. (On Communion Sundays, children begin in their Sunday School classes and come to the sanctuary for Communion with their families.) Mid-May thru mid-September, children attend worship with their family and are invited to Children’s Church** during the sermon for stories and activities.
- Throughout the year, a time for fellowship and refreshments is held downstairs after worship.
- Saturday, July 13 - All-Church Mid-Summer Fun Day, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Buffumville Lake, Charlton. (See details at left.)
- Saturday, July 13 - Youth Missionaries return!
- Sunday, July 14 - Worship with Children's Church, 10 a.m. (Summer Singers rehearse at 9 a.m. All are welcome.) Youth Missionaries report!
- Monday, July 15 thru Friday, July 19) - VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL, 9 a.m. to noon. (See details below.)
- Sunday, July 21 - Worship with Children's Church, 10 a.m. (Summer Singers rehearse at 9 a.m. All are welcome.) Preaching: The Rev. Sarah Sund-Lussier. VBS kids will sing.
- Sunday, July 28 - Worship with Children's Church, 10 a.m. (Summer Singers rehearse at 9 a.m. All are welcome.)
Remember a special
person or event.
There are dates available on the flower calendar. Why not provide flowers for the communion table in memory or honor of a loved one or in celebration of a special event? The calendar is posted in the narthex as you enter the church. Add your name to the date you want, fill out a form and leave it and a check ($25/2 vases, $12.50/1 vase) in the inbox outside the church office or mail it to the church. You may also bring your own flowers; just be sure to sign up and that the flowers are in place by 9:30 before worship begins.
HPC Food Pantry Needs Your Help
- Donations: Our Food Pantry is continually in use by those in need. Thus, it is always open to donations of non-perishable items. Please remember the Pantry when doing your grocery shopping. See our list of needed items. Or pick up one of the specially marked bags in our Narthex or on the stair landing. Bring your donations when you come to worship. Or write a check to HPC with "Food Pantry" in the memo line and put it in the offering plate. Think of it as an offering of thanks to God.
- Volunteering: Are you available on Mondays or Wednesdays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.? Sign up for a day to staff the Pantry. See a description of the need and instructions for signing up on the Food Pantry Page.
Save these dates:
- Saturday, August 17 - Health Fair, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.;Free health checks, chair yoga, kiddie's corner
- Sunday, September 8 - Worship & Rally Day, 10 a.m. with guest organist, Mark Thallander.
- Sunday, September 22 - Harvest Festival, 11 a.m. (following worship) to 3 p.m. Baked goods, games & activities, fresh produce.
"And a little child shall lead them . . ."
Sunday, May 19, was Children's Sunday at HPC. Our Sunday School children and youth helped lead worship and brought joy and enthusiasm to their leadership. Minister of Faith Formation Sarah Sund-Lussier preached. In addition, the sacrament of baptism was given to a child whose family goes back several generations at HPC. Welcome, little one!
Visit our Facebook page for more images of Children's Sunday.
When the Holy Spirit came to the Disciples and the Christian Church was born!
We celebrated the "birthday of the church" on June 9 in style, with red and yellow streamers, red "tongues of fire" headdresses, the Pentecost story read in a variety of tongues simultaneously, stirring organ music by our old friend Mark Thallander, our choir and a saxophonist, and the baptism of a sweet little boy.
Outlaws for God . . . A Wild West Adventure
2019 Vacation Bible School for grades K-8
Monday - Friday, July 15 - 19
9 a.m. to noon daily
Bible stories . . . games . . . cowboy crafts . . .
snacks . . . music . . . and more!
For more information, contact:
This is the annual major fundraiser for the
LGBT Asylum Task Force.
Click on the image to purchase tickets.
Click here to read the article in the June 27 Worcester Magazine about how our LGBT Asylum Seekers were affected by their first Pride Parade. Heart-warming.
Here I am, Send me!
On June 30, we blessed our Youth Missionaries and their leaders who leave on July 7 for a week in Haslet, New Jersey. There, they will help rehab homes that were destroyed during hurricane last year. The homes are owned by folks who are having difficulty restoring their houses and might not otherwise be able to continue living in them. We are so proud of our youth!