Hadwen Park Congregational Church
United Church of Christ
6 Clover Street, Worcester MA 01603
Office Hours: 9am - 2 pm
Mon., Wed., Thurs., Fri.
Welcome to Hadwen Park Congregational Church
United Church of Christ
We believe that all people of every age, physical or mental ability, body image, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, social-economic background, family construct and faith tradition are equal in the eyes of God and this congregation. When entering our sanctuary, you will be greeted with a smile, an extended hand and feel the love of Christ surrounding you.
We are an Open and Affirming congregation.
Here, you are a stranger, but once.
Written by the Social Justice Task Force
Approved by Hadwen Park Church Trustees, 4/7/04
Want more information?
Call or write our church secretary, Betty Jane,
Sign up to receive occasional email news items
In case of inclement weather:
It is our intention to hold worship services every week through the winter, but before you venture out in bad weather on a Sunday morning, check for cancellation notices by email and/or on Facebook, this site, and WTAG radio (580AM or 94.9FM). Above all, be safe.
Non-perishable items are needed for
our Food Pantry which is seeing increased
use this winter. Please remember the Pantry when doing your grocery shopping. See our list of needed items. Bring your donations when you come to worship. They are an offering of thanks to God.
Spring is coming!
HPC Youth Missionary
“Scrip” is a word that means “substitute money” that you can use at a variety of popular national and local retailers for food, clothing, entertainment, gas, restaurants, etc. You purchase scrip certificates (gift cards) through our program, and our youth missionaries receive a percentage to underwrite their trip to Virginia this summer to rehab houses. You receive full value for the certificates you purchase; the retailer receives cash up front and repeat business. For more information, contact Gail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Save the Date:
Saturday, March 15, 6-8 p.m.
Silent Auction Fundraiser
Donations of antiques, collectibles, services, gift cards, etc. are sought. Contact Gail at email@example.com if you have something to contribute. And plan to come to Fellowship Hall on the 15th and bid on items you'd like to purchase. Let's help the kids get to Virginia this summer so they can rehab houses for deserving elders and folks with disabilities.
The Hadwen Park
Church Choir is
always happy to
welcome new members!
Consider giving this fun and important ministry a try. During Lent, rehearsals are held Wednesday evenings at 8 p.m. in Fellowship Hall. Drop by and speak to Anne Arsenault, choir director, or contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Come make a joyful noise with us!
Summer is coming
So get ready to watch the "boys of summer"
with your HPC buddies and help the youth
missionaries get to Virginia.
- WHAT: Worcester Bravehearts vs. Torrington Titans Baseball
- WHEN: Friday, June 13 - 7 p.m.
- WHERE: Fitton Field, College of the Holy Cross
Watch one of our youth throw out the first ball!
Save the date. More info to come.
Worship & More in March!
Join us every Sunday at 10 a.m. for worship. Child Care is provided for infants through 2-year-olds. All other children are welcome to attend Church School classes at the same time as worship. All are welcome!
This month, we enter the liturgical
Season of Lent - the 40 weekdays
leading to Easter. Beginning on Ash
Wednesday, Lent is a time when Christians prepare themselves spiritually for Easter through reflection on Christ’s life, his suffering and sacrifice, death, burial and resurrection.
- Sunday, March 9 - Worship & Church School, 10 a.m.; Annual Family Roller Skating Night, 5-7 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 12 - Lenten Supper (6 p.m.) & Service (7 p.m.) - series begins and runs every Wednesday through April 9
- Saturday, March 16 - Youth Missionaries Silent Auction, 6-8 p.m.
- Sunday, March 16 - Worship & Church School, 10 a.m., Women’s Celebration Participants Meeting, 11:15 a.m.
- Sunday, March 23 - Worship & Church School, 10 a.m.
- Friday, March 28 - Sunday, March 30 - New England UCC Women’s Celebration IX, Portland ME
- Sunday, March 30 - Worship & Church School, 10 a.m.
Look for more information on these and other events elsewhere on this page. Or contact the church office at email@example.com.
Our Lenten Journey
The theme for our worship and
contemplation this Lenten season will be
“To Everything there is a Season - turn, turn, turn.” We will explore the things we may want to turn away FROM as well as what we need to be turning TOWARD.
Wednesday Evening Lenten Supper
& Service Series
On Wednesdays (March 12 thru April 9), a simple supper will be served at 6 p.m. in Fellowship Hall (free-will offering taken) and be followed at 7 p.m. by worship in the sanctuary. After the service, those who wish may remain in the sanctuary for personal prayer and introspection. A meditation center with devotional aids will be available.
- March 12 - The Deacons prepare supper
- March 19 - The Missions & Social Justice Committee prepares supper
- March 26 - The Christian Education and Personnel committees prepare supper
- April 2 - The Health/Wellness and Finance committees prepare supper
- April 9 - The Property and Growth/Development/Stewardship committees prepare supper
- Palm Sunday, April 13 - Worship & Church School, 10 a.m.
- (No Wednesday supper or service)
- Maundy Thursday, April 17 - 7 p.m. Deacons lead worship, including a re-enactment of the Last Supper.
Don't miss this!
Sunday, March 9 - 5-7 p.m.
Starlite Roller Rink, Park Avenue
- Free to all; includes skate rental
- Sponsored by the Christian Education Committee
- Invite your friends, family and neighbors.
- If you don't skate, come and watch for the fun of it!
Daylight Savings Time
. . . begins on Sunday, March 9. Set your clocks AHEAD one hour before retiring on Saturday evening. Then you'll get to worship on time!
Youth Group posts spring plans
HPC likes to keep its young people busy. If you are in grade 5 through 12, you’re invited to join in all these activities (with one exception noted).
- Sunday, March 9 - Roller Skating, 5-7 p.m. Bring a friend.
- Sunday, March 23 - Regular Meeting, following worship until 1:30 p.m.
- Sunday, March 30 - Meeting for 11th & 12th graders only, 12-3 p.m. at the Burkhart’s
- Saturday, April 12 - Easter Egg Hunt, 9:30 a.m.; group members will help lead.
- Sunday, April 13 - Palm Sunday Pancake Breakfast to benefit YOU, Inc. Easter bags, workers gather at 7:30 a.m.
- Friday, May 25 - Saturday, May 26 - Annual Famine to raise funds for hunger relief (watch for more information).
- Sunday, June 22 - Year End Pool Party, following worship
Contact Wendy with questions.
Save the Dates: July 14 - 19
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL!
Bible stories, songs, games, crafts and more!