Hadwen Park Congregational Church
United Church of Christ
6 Clover Street, Worcester MA 01603
Office Hours: 9am - 2 pm
Mon., Wed., Thurs., Fri.
Welcome to Hadwen Park Congregational Church
United Church of Christ
We believe that all people of every age, physical or mental ability, body image, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, social-economic background, family construct and faith tradition are equal in the eyes of God and this congregation. When entering our sanctuary, you will be greeted with a smile, an extended hand and feel the love of Christ surrounding you.
We are an Open and Affirming congregation.
Here, you are a stranger, but once.
Written by the Social Justice Task Force
Approved by Hadwen Park Church Trustees, 4/7/04
Join us every Sunday for worship at 10 a.m.
Church School is held at the same time September through May. All are welcome!
Youth Missionaries to Travel Again this Summer!
Twelve youth and adults from HPC will head to Elmira NY this coming July to repair and paint the homes of needy residents. Along with hard work, our missionaries will meet other Christian youth from across the country, deepen their faith and have a ball doing it. Thanks to all who have supported fundraisers. Our goal has been reached!
Nails dedicated to the memory or honor of loved ones will be used in the housing refurbishment work. Members and friends of HPC recently donated a small amount for each nail, and our youth missionaries will remember the designated person as they use the nail to repair the home of an elderly or disabled owner.
Mark your calendar (and watch for more information)
- Children's Sunday - June 9. Rehearsals: 5/12, 5/19, 5/16 & 6/2 - 10 a.m. downstairs. Children: Don't miss!
- Vacation Bible School will be held July 8-12, 9 a.m. to noon at the church. "Amazing Adventures" is the theme; children age 5 and up are invited to attend; there is no charge. To volunteer to help, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 508.795.0988.
- The Flower Calendar for 2013 is available in the narthex for those who wish to sign up to provide flowers in honor or memory of a loved one.
- Speaking of Flowers - A new volunteer Gardening Group is being recruited to help spruce up church grounds. Contact email@example.com to volunteer.
The after-worship Mission Fair on May 5 (see below) inspired some to get involved as volunteers for such organizations as:
- Worcester Area Mission Society
Sponsored by the Mission & Social Justice Committee
May has been quite the Month of Sundays!
May 5 - Confirmation & Mission Fair - both were wonderful events (see photos/reports below)
May 12 - Festival of the Christian Home & Come Back Sunday/Bring a Friend Sunday - celebrated the love of parents and children and welcomed old friends/members as well as newcomers. Y'all come back!
May 19 - Music Sunday & Pentecost - celebrated the wonderful music ministry of our choir and director of music as well as the "Birthday of the Church!"
Sophia, Letitia & Kelsey Confirmed their Faith on May 5!
This year's Confirmation Class was small, but packed a big punch! As all classes do at HPC, the three young women planned and led worship. But this team also offered a beautiful liturgical dance.
Welcome, sisters, to full adult membership! You are treasured.
(See photos below.)
Sophia: Thanks for sharing your photos!