Hadwen Park Congregational Church
United Church of Christ
6 Clover Street, Worcester MA 01603 | 508-752-7489
Office Hours: 9 am - 2 pm | Tues., Thurs., Fri.
Get Member Portal HELP | See Portal FAQs
Welcome to Hadwen Park Congregational Church
United Church of Christ
We believe that all people of every age, physical or mental ability, body image, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, social-economic background, family construct and faith tradition are equal in the eyes of God and this congregation. When entering our sanctuary, you will be greeted with a smile, an extended hand and feel the love of Christ surrounding you.
We are an Open and Affirming congregation.
Here, you are a stranger, but once.
Written by the Social Justice Task Force
Approved by Hadwen Park Church Trustees, 4/7/04
Want more information?
Call or write our church secretary, Sharon,
Can't wait to hear . . .
. . . our Choir's wonderful voices lifted together in praise again. Thank you all for sharing your talents and to Brett, our minister of music, for bringing out their best. When we are again able to gather together, you might like to join them. Practice is held on Wednesday evenings at 7 p.m. The Choir also practices at 9 a.m. on Sundays before worship begins.
Dear HPC Family & Friends,
Although our building is closed and we have suspended all physical activities, we continue to worship via YouTube and Facebook and to see and hear each other via Zoom. (See more above.)
Please do mail in your weekly pledge check, as our bills will not be suspended during this period.
Use this link to log on to our online member portal to find contact information for HPC members so you can stay in touch with each other - especially with those who are not online and may be lonely. (If you have not yet set up a portal account, please contact Sharon.)
"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change..."
God bless you and keep you safe!
The HPC Leadership
HPC Food Pantry open Wednesdays.
After a two-week hiatus, our Food Pantry reopened on a limited basis and with a new, safe-distancing procedure.
- If you need food, come to the church parking lot on Wednesdays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Ring the porch doorbell and speak to host through the window and return to your car. The host will bring the food to your car.
- If you are donating food, ring the door bell and leave the bag(s) under the covered porch 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Wednesdays. For a list of foods needed, click here.
Thanks to theKozicz family for providing this wonderful ministry!
Our weekly worship, prayer and fellowship have moved online.
- Virtual Sunday School: 9:30 a.m. (Grades K-5); 10:45 a.m. (ages 2-4). Contact Pastor Sarah for access instructions: email@example.com.
- Sunday Worship Videos: HPC YouTube Channel (Each week’s service will be ready on Saturday evening. Experience at the same time as other members and friends at 10 a.m. on Sunday or whenever it’s convenient for you. All videos since March 22 are available.)
- Printable Sunday Bulletins: Download this Sunday's service, print and follow as you worship.
- Live Coffee Hours: Sunday, 11 a.m. on Zoom. (Use the link provided in the email sent each week from Pastor Judy to all members and friends of HPC. If you are not on our list, contact Pastor Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Confirmation Class: Scheduled at convenience of class members; contact Maurice for more information: email@example.com.
- Live Bible Study Care Group: Tuesday, 10 a.m. on Zoom; contact Pastor Judy for access information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Live Choir Meetings: Thursday, 7 p.m. on Zoom; contact Brett Maguire for access information: email@example.com.
If you are just discovering Hadwen Park Church and want to know how we normally operate, please visit our other pages via the blue navigation bar above.
We can receive online donations.
Click the word "DONATE" on our blue navigation bar above.
May we suggest?
Spiritual practices, such as prayer, meditation, devotional reading, Bible study, hymn-singing and many more are helping to sustain people of all faiths during this pandemic.
Brett Maguire, who serves HPC as our minister of music, is also a practitioner of yoga and Buddhist meditation, a climber and a vegan. You may find the videos on his YouTube channel helpful to you as you seek strength and inner peace in days of uncertainty.
There are videos on meditation, cooking, climbing and even a wonderful organ recital.
About his video offerings, Brett says, "To me, life is an opportunity to climb, do yoga, and grow. I hope that by sharing my passion and knowledge, you will be inspired to climb higher, do more yoga, and keep growing. Climb on!"
Hadwen Park Church stands in prayerful support of our Black members, Black neighbors, and the entire Black community.
Our heart breaks, as God’s heart breaks, at the racism that persists in our country. We pledge to take action, as Jesus did, for justice and against inequality.
HPC members and friends have participated in several recent area protests.
Class of 2020 members celebrated
Four HPC members whose high school graduations were not held in person (Bryna, Jacob, Matt and Mike) were feted by their church via a drive-by celebration on May 31 and with gifts of a lawn sign and a bag of cards and gifts from their church family. We have enjoyed watching you grow, we celebrate your accomplishment, and we wish you success and happiness in all you do! Go with God.