Hadwen Park Congregational Church
United Church of Christ
6 Clover Street, Worcester MA 01603 | 508-752-7489
Office Hours: 9 am - 2 pm | Wed., Thurs., Fri.
Get Member Portal HELP | See Portal FAQs
Welcome to Hadwen Park Congregational Church
United Church of Christ
We believe that all people of every age, physical or mental ability, body image, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, social-economic background, family construct and faith tradition are equal in the eyes of God and this congregation. When entering our sanctuary, you will be greeted with a smile, an extended hand and feel the love of Christ surrounding you.
We are an Open and Affirming congregation.
Here, you are a stranger, but once.
Written by the Social Justice Task Force
Approved by Hadwen Park Church Trustees, 4/7/04
Want more information?
Call or write our church secretary, Sharon,
Fall Worship & Events
Join us every Sunday at 10 a.m.
All are welcome!
- Mid-September thru late-May: Children aged 3 - grade 8 attend Sunday School classes during worship. Late-May thru mid-September, children attend worship with their families and are invited to Children’s Church during the sermon for stories and activities.
- Throughout the year, a time for fellowship and refreshments is held downstairs after worship.
- Thursday, September 19 - Scouts Open House (Troop & Pack 22), 6-8 p.m. Prospective scouts and cub scouts and their parents are invited.
- Sunday, September 22 - Worship & Sunday School, 10 a.m. (Choir rehearses at 9 a.m.)
- Sunday, September 29 - Worship with Toddler Dedication & Sunday School, 10 a.m. Steve Hendrickson, guest organist. (Choir rehearses at 9 a.m.)
- Sunday, September 29 - Junior Youth Group, 11 a.m.
- Sunday, September 29 - 2020 Youth Missions Information Session for parents and youth, 11 a.m.
- Saturday, October 5 - LGBT Asylum Task Force Gala, 5:30-10 p.m., DCU Center (See more information below.)
- Sunday, October 6 - Worship with Communion; Sunday School, 10 a.m. Assoc. Pastor Sarah, preaching. (Choir rehearses 9 a.m.)
- Sunday, October 6 - Confirmation Information Session for parents and confirmands, 11 a.m.
- Sunday, October 13 - Worship & Sunday School, 10 a.m. (Choir Rehearses 9 a.m.)
- Sunday, October 13 - Confirmation Class, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.; Junior Youth Group, 11:30 a.m.
- Monday, October 14 - LGBT Asylum Community Dinner, 6 p.m. (See more information below.)
- Saturday, October 19 - New Member Class, 3 p.m., Pastor Judy's home (Call church office for directions.)
- Sunday, October 20 - Worship & Sunday School, 10 a.m. (Choir rehearses 9 a.m.)
- Sunday, October 20 - Senior Youth Group, 11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, October 22 - New Member Class, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, October 24 - New Member Class, 7 p.m.
- Saturday, October 26 - Halloween Party (tentative), 5-8 p.m.
- Sunday, October 27 - Worship with Reception of New Members; Sunday School, 10 a.m. (Choir rehearses 9 a.m.)
- Sunday, October 27 - Confirmation Class, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.; Junior Youth Group, 11:30 a.m.
Remember a special
person or event.
There are dates available on the flower calendar. Why not provide flowers for the communion table in memory or honor of a loved one or in celebration of a special event? The calendar is posted in the narthex as you enter the church. Add your name to the date you want, fill out a form and leave it and a check ($25/2 vases, $12.50/1 vase) in the inbox outside the church office or mail it to the church. You may also bring your own flowers; just be sure to sign up and that the flowers are in place by 9:30 before worship begins.
HPC Food Pantry Needs Your Help
- Donations: Our Food Pantry is continually in use by those in need. Thus, it is always open to donations of non-perishable items. Please remember the Pantry when doing your grocery shopping. See our list of needed items. Or pick up one of the specially marked bags in our Narthex or on the stair landing. Bring your donations when you come to worship. Or write a check to HPC with "Food Pantry" in the memo line and put it in the offering plate. Think of it as an offering of thanks to God.
- Volunteering: Are you available on Mondays or Wednesdays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.? Sign up for a day to staff the Pantry. See a description of the need and instructions for signing up on the Food Pantry Page.
This is the annual major fundraiser for the
LGBT Asylum Task Force.
Click on the image to purchase tickets.
Celebrating a special gift
Artist Michael Adams was on hand on Sunday, August 20 to participate in the unveiling of a very special gift to our church. Inspired by Mr. Adams' painting "Refugee Jesus" and HPC's LGBT asylum ministry, Steve Hendrickson, a generous benefactor to HPC and the ministry commissioned a new painting as a gift to our church. "Sanctuary" depicts Jesus walking with several of our asylum seekers. Mr. Adams and the painting received a standing ovation. His emotional words were moving.
A personal joy
Not only was September 1 a special Sunday because worship included a baptism and the celebration of the Lord's Supper, but it was a very personal joy for our associate pastor. The baptism was the first performed since Pastor Sarah's ordination last spring. And the child baptized was her niece. Two-year-old Danielle brought us all joy when she followed her aunt's actions and washed her own face with the baptismal water. We love our church family!
Hurray for Rally Day!
What a great Rally Day at HPC on September 8 - Blessing of the Backpacks, wonderful music by Mark Thallander, Brett Maguire and our Choir and soloists, Pastor Sarah's preaching. Then, Sunday School registration and fellowship time.
Sunday School began September 15. But it's not too late to register - just bring the kids downstairs at 9:45 a.m.
Calling all seekers and joiners!
Interested in membership at Hadwen Park? Want to inquire about how to go about it, who we are, what we believe, what is expected of members? Like an informal setting? Like to eat and socialize?
Come to our New Members Classes and find the answers. The first session is on Saturday, October 19 at 3 p.m. at Pastor Judy's home. The other two sessions will be held at 7 p.m. at the church on Tuesday, October 22 and Thursday, October 24. You are under no obligation to join, but if you decide you want to become part of our family, new members will be received during worship on Sunday, October 27.