Hadwen Park Congregational Church
United Church of Christ
6 Clover Street, Worcester MA 01603 | 508-752-7489
Office Hours: 9 am - 2 pm | Tues., Thurs., Fri.
Get Member Portal HELP | See Portal FAQs
Welcome to Hadwen Park Congregational Church
United Church of Christ
We believe that all people of every age, physical or mental ability, body image, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, social-economic background, family construct and faith tradition are equal in the eyes of God and this congregation. When entering our sanctuary, you will be greeted with a smile, an extended hand and feel the love of Christ surrounding you.
We are an Open and Affirming congregation.
Here, you are a stranger, but once.
Written by the Social Justice Task Force
Approved by Hadwen Park Church Trustees, 4/7/04
Want more information?
Call or write our church secretary, Sharon,
About gathering together again:
Dear HPC Members and Friends,
A Re-opening Task Force is looking into when and how it will be safe for us to gather again in-person for worship in our sanctuary. Before that can happen, there needs to be
- Stable or decreasing positive cases of COVID-19 in Massachusetts for at least three weeks
- Public schools need to be open at least part time
In addition, we will follow the recommendations of the CDC and the United Church of Christ. While some decisions are yet to be made, we know we will follow these guidelines:
- No hymnals or bibles in the pews
- No passing of collection plates
- No sharing of communion elements
- No congregational or choir singing
- Social distancing will be required between family groups
When we do meet again, we will continue providing a virtual service for those who are not ready to meet in person. Coffee Hour will continue to be virtual as well.
Your Re-Opening Task Force
HPC Food Pantry open Wednesdays.
Our Food Pantry is open on a limited basis and with a safe-distancing procedure.
- If you need food, come to the church parking lot on Wednesdays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Ring the porch doorbell, speak to the host through the window and return to your car. The host will bring the food to your car.
- If you are donating food, ring the door bell and leave the bag(s) under the covered porch 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Wednesdays. Our supplies are often depleted, so please be generous. For a list of foods needed, click here.
- If you are able to be a volunteer host, please email email@example.com or call 508.208.0505. We need more help!
Thanks to the Kozicz family for setting up our pandemic procedures to carry on this wonderful ministry!
Join us weekly for virtual worship, study and fellowship.
- Virtual Sunday School: 9:30 a.m. (Grades K-5); 10:45 a.m. (ages 2-4). Contact Pastor Sarah, firstname.lastname@example.org, for access instructions.
- Sunday Worship Videos: HPC YouTube Channel (Each week’s service will be ready on Saturday evening. Experience at the same time as other members and friends at 10 a.m. on Sunday or whenever it’s convenient for you. All videos since March 22 are available.)
- Printable Sunday Bulletins: Download this Sunday's service, print and follow as you worship.
- Live Coffee Hours: Sunday, 11 a.m. on Zoom. (Use the link provided in the email sent each week from Pastor Judy to all members and friends of HPC. If you are not on our list, contact Pastor Sarah at email@example.com.)
- Confirmation Class: Scheduled at convenience of class members; contact Maurice for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Live Bible Study Care Group: Tuesday, 10 a.m. on Zoom; contact Pastor Judy for access information: email@example.com.
- Live Choir Meetings: Wednesday, 7 p.m. on Zoom; contact Brett Maguire for access information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are just discovering Hadwen Park Church and want to know how we normally operate, please visit our other pages via the blue navigation bar above.
We can receive online donations.
Click the word "DONATE" on our blue navigation bar above.
May we suggest?
Spiritual practices, such as prayer, meditation, devotional reading, Bible study, hymn-singing and many more are helping to sustain people of all faiths during this pandemic.
Brett Maguire, who serves HPC as our minister of music, is also a practitioner of yoga and Buddhist meditation, a climber and a vegan. You may find the videos on his YouTube channel helpful to you as you seek strength and inner peace in days of uncertainty.
There are videos on meditation, cooking, climbing and even a wonderful organ recital.
About his video offerings, Brett says, "To me, life is an opportunity to climb, do yoga, and grow. I hope that by sharing my passion and knowledge, you will be inspired to climb higher, do more yoga, and keep growing. Climb on!"
Hadwen Park Church stands in prayerful support of our Black members, Black neighbors, and the entire Black community.
Our heart breaks, as God’s heart breaks, at the racism that persists in our country. We pledge to take action, as Jesus did, for justice and against inequality.
Live Coffee Hours keep us connected!
Every Sunday, HPC members and friends get together on Zoom at 11 a.m. to chat - almost like we do at our regular after-worship coffee hours. While we aren't able to share hugs and refreshments, we still share joys, concerns, stories and opinions. In fact, we find we are getting to know each other better and are interacting with more people than we usually do since we often sit at tables and talk only with those where we are seated. Discussions often center on the week's worship video, current events, requests for prayer, or family news. Join us by getting the Zoom URL from Pastor Sarah Sund-Lussier at email@example.com.
Al Greene, director of our LGBT Asylum ministry, was interviewed recently by Spectrum News 1 about the Task Force purchasing a triple-decker to house 12 of our asylum seekers. Click the photo to listen to the interview and celebrate with us!
Christian Education continues
despite the pandemic!
Sunday School (short lessons) will continue to be held via Zoom through October or until we meet again in person. Tots ages 2-4 meet with Susan Crimer at 10:45 a.m. and use the Frolic curriculum. Kids ages K through 5th grade meet with Pastor Sarah at 9:30 a.m., using Whirl. For access instructions, contact Pastor Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch for a Once-a-Month Study Session
on the Beatitudes coming soon for adults
and older young people. We'll use a curriculum
designed to be taught online that explores Jesus' timeless teaching through art, reflection and discussion. The HPC Group on Facebook will be used to air videos and provide handouts.
Youth Group Cookie Dough Fundraiser
To raise money for our Youth Group’s spring service project, the kids are selling cookie dough so you can make goodies for Christmas. Flavors available: Chocolate Chip, White Chocolate Macadamia Nut, Snickerdoodle, Oatmeal Raisin, Sugar, and Peanut Butter. To help them out,
- select the items you’d like
- pay with a credit card by November 30 (There is a $.75 fee per item to cover the credit card processing.)
Your order will be delivered by a church member: December 18-20.
To help them raise more, please share this with LOCAL friends and family. (Just remember, if you ask auntie in Oregon to buy, you may be driving a long way to deliver what she ordered!)