Hadwen Park Congregational Church
United Church of Christ
6 Clover Street, Worcester MA 01603
Office Hours: 9am - 2 pm
Mon., Wed., Fri.
Welcome to Hadwen Park Congregational Church
United Church of Christ
We believe that all people of every age, physical or mental ability, body image, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, social-economic background, family construct and faith tradition are equal in the eyes of God and this congregation. When entering our sanctuary, you will be greeted with a smile, an extended hand and feel the love of Christ surrounding you.
We are an Open and Affirming congregation.
Here, you are a stranger, but once.
Written by the Social Justice Task Force
Approved by Hadwen Park Church Trustees, 4/7/04
Want more information?
Call or write our church secretary, Betty Jane,
Hunger is always with us.
Our Food Pantry is continually in use by those
in need. Thus, it is always open to donations of
non-perishable items. Please remember the Pantry when doing your grocery shopping. See our list of needed items. Or pick up one of the specially marked bags in our Narthex or on the stair landing. Bring your donations when you come to worship. They are an offering of thanks to God.
Join us every Sunday at 10 a.m. for worship. A nursery is available for infants through 2-year-olds; parents may watch their fussy children in the nursery and still hear the service. September - May, children aged 3 through high school sit with their parents/guardians in worship until excused to their Sunday School classes. (On Communion Sundays, grades 6-8 remain in the sanctuary throughout the service.) June - August, children attend worship with their parents/guardians. A time for fellowship and refreshments follows worship at 11 a.m. All are welcome. Watch for more information on these and other events which will be posted as details become available. Or contact the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunday, April 23 - 2nd Sunday of Easter - Worship & Sunday School, 10 a.m.
- Sunday, April 23 - Youth Groups, 5-7 p.m. Games and prep for Talent Show.
- Saturday, April 29 - Spaghetti Supper (5 p.m.) & All-Church Talent Show (6 p.m.) - sponsored by the Christian Education Committee & Youth Missionaries. YOUR TALENT IS NEEDED! Sign up with Susan Crimer to sing, present a skit, dance, tell a joke or otherwise provide good, clean fun!
- Sunday, April 30 - 3rd Sunday of Easter - Worship & Sunday School, 10 a.m.
- Sunday, May 7 - 4th Sunday of Easter - Worship with Communion & Sunday School, 10 a.m.
- Sunday, May 14 - 5th Sunday of Easter & Children's Day Worship, 10 a.m.
- Sunday May 21 - 6th Sunday of Easter & Music Sunday Worship, 10 a.m. (Families worship together)
- Sunday, May 28 - 7th Sunday of Easter Worship & start of Summer Children's Church, 10 a.m.
Remember a special
person or event.
There are dates available on the flower calendar. Why not provide flowers for the communion table in memory or honor of a loved one or in celebration of a special event? The calendar is posted in the narthex as you enter the church. Add your name to the date you want, fill out a form and leave it and a check ($25/2 vases, $12.50/1 vase) in the inbox outside BJ's office or mail it to the church. You may also bring your own flowers; just be sure to sign up and that the flowers are in place by 9:30 before worship begins.
Friday Evening Support Group open to anyone who is struggling
Do you have a problem with alcohol, drugs, over-eating, gambling, or another addiction or compulsion? Are you in recovery, struggling, hoping to get there? Or are you just in need of some moral support for any reason?
Stop by HPC’s upstairs conference room ANY Friday night between 7-8 p.m. for a cup of coffee and some informal conversation. Please enter through the side “office” door.
There is no membership, no dues, and no obligation to come every week—just when you can. What is said during each gathering is held in confidence within the group.
Sunday School dives deep!
This year's theme is "Diving Deep"
and classes are using the "Deep Blue"
curriculum, which includes Bible stories
presented through engaging,
age-appropriate activities, music, games, conversations and much more. Our children are learning to live as Christians.
Each 2nd-4th Sunday, children attend worship at 10 a.m. with their parents/guardians until they are excused to go to their classes as follows:
- Preschool (age 3) - Grade 5 go to classrooms downstairs.
- Grades 6-8 meet in the Conference Room upstairs.
On each first Sunday of the month, the younger students will begin downstairs and come upstairs for Communion. Grades 6-8 will attend the full worship service in the sanctuary and will not have class.
Team teachers and other volunteers are always needed. Lessons are pre-planned for teachers. Other volunteers help with arts/crafts, music, dance, holidays, pageant costumes/props and publicity. Contact Director of Christian Education Susan Crimer to volunteer or for more information: email@example.com.
and Stephanie lead the Senior High Youth Group for
9th-12th graders. If you are interested in joining, please let them know so they can add you to the contact list. Joanne and Michael head up the Junior High Youth Group for 5th-8th graders. Contact them to be on their list.
Calling all who love to sing!
All ages of singers are encouraged to sing in our choirs.
- Children will practice each Sunday 9:30-9:45 a.m. in the Sanctuary for a few weeks and then sing (perhaps with the adult singers) on some Sundays. (Promptness for practice is paramount since their time is so short!)
- Adults have two choices: The Sunday Choir practices a simple, "pick-up" song at 8:30 a.m. each Sunday and sings it that day. Do not be late! The Wednesday Choir practices more complex pieces each Wednesday evening at 7 p.m. AND each Sunday morning at 8:30. They present an anthem each Sunday.
Support our Youth Missionaries!
For the sixth year, HPC will send members of its Youth Group and adult advisors on a mission trip to repair homes for elderly, low-income and disabled people. This year’s work will take place July 9-15 in Newark Valley, NY with 4 HPC youth and 3 advisors on our team. All missionaries will give a week of their summer vacation to this important service. To make this happen, the group must raise its own expenses. To that end, several fundraisers will be held this spring.Watch here for news of those events.
Bring your family and friends to supper on Saturday, April 29 at 5 p.m. The Youth Missionaries will cook and serve supper. Proceeds will help them get to Newark Valley this summer.
With the Sanctuary still decorated from the day before's wedding, we celebrated Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem with a processional and recessional by the Sunday School children waving palm branches and singing Hosanna!
Best wishes for a lifetime of happiness!
We love it when our
members share their
special life events with
the whole congregation.
Just loved celebrating l
ove at Emily and
Walter's wedding on
Easter services were full of flowers, music and faithful people. Welcome to all who came for the first time, to those who came back after a long time, and to those who come all the time!
Hearty souls came out at 5:45 a.m. to welcome the resurrected Christ in a service led by Pastor Sarah that went from dark to light.