Hadwen Park Congregational Church
United Church of Christ
6 Clover Street, Worcester MA 01603 | 508-752-7489
Office Hours: 9 am - 2 pm | Tues., Thurs., Fri.
Get Member Portal HELP | See Portal FAQs
Welcome to Hadwen Park Congregational Church
United Church of Christ
We believe that all people of every age, physical or mental ability, body image, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, social-economic background, family construct and faith tradition are equal in the eyes of God and this congregation. When entering our sanctuary, you will be greeted with a smile, an extended hand and feel the love of Christ surrounding you.
We are an Open and Affirming congregation.
Here, you are a stranger, but once.
Written by the Social Justice Task Force
Approved by Hadwen Park Church Trustees, 4/7/04
Want more information?
Call or write our church secretary, Sharon,
Worship & Other Events
Join us every Sunday at 10 a.m.
All are welcome!
- Children aged 3 - grade 8 begin in worship with their family and are dismissed to Sunday School after about 15 minutes. Mid-September through mid-May, classes are held during the rest of worship. (On Communion Sundays, children begin in their Sunday School classes and come to the sanctuary for Communion with their families.) Mid-May thru mid-September, children are invited to “Children’s Church” for stories and activities during the sermon time.
- Throughout the year, a time for fellowship and refreshments is held downstairs after worship.
- Wednesday, November 21 - Thanksgiving Eve Service, 7 p.m. Come thank the Creator of our bounty!
- Sunday, November 25 - Worship & Sunday School, 10 a.m. (Choir practices at 9 a.m.)
- Sunday, November 25 - Junior Youth Group, 11 a.m.
- Saturday, December 1 - Greening of the Church, begins at 10 a.m. (This is when we decorate the church for the Advent/Christmas season. Come for fun and fellowship!)
- Sunday, December 2 - Boy Scout Can-Can Drive. (Bring your returnable cans and bottles so the Scouts can redeem them to fund their projects.)
- Sunday, December 2 - First Sunday of Advent - Worship with Communion & Sunday School, 10 a.m. (Choir practices at 9 a.m.)
- Sunday, December 2 - Senior Youth Group, 11 a.m.
- Sunday, December 9 - All-Church Caroling, after worship
- Saturday, December 15 - Pageant rehearsal, 9-12 a.m.
- Sunday, December 16 - Sunday School Pageant, 4 p.m., followed by Christmas party for all.
- Saturday, December 22 - Youth Groups Cookie Baking, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sunday, December 23 - Youth Groups Cookie Sale, 11 a.m.
- Monday, December 24 - Christmas Eve Candlelight Service, 11 p.m.
Remember a special
person or event.
There are dates available on the flower calendar. Why not provide flowers for the communion table in memory or honor of a loved one or in celebration of a special event? The calendar is posted in the narthex as you enter the church. Add your name to the date you want, fill out a form and leave it and a check ($25/2 vases, $12.50/1 vase) in the inbox outside the church office or mail it to the church. You may also bring your own flowers; just be sure to sign up and that the flowers are in place by 9:30 before worship begins.
HPC Food Pantry Needs Your Help
- Donations: Our Food Pantry is continually in use by those in need. Thus, it is always open to donations of non-perishable items. Please remember the Pantry when doing your grocery shopping. See our list of needed items. Or pick up one of the specially marked bags in our Narthex or on the stair landing. Bring your donations when you come to worship. Or write a check to HPC with "Food Pantry" in the memo line and put it in the offering plate. Think of it as an offering of thanks to God.
- Volunteering: Are you available on Mondays or Wednesdays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.? Sign up for a day to staff the Pantry. See a description of the need and instructions for signing up on the Food Pantry Page.
Halloween Party was SPOOKTACULAR!
If you didn't come to the Halloween Party sponsored by the Christian Ed Committee on Sunday, October 28, you missed a lots of treats - and that's no trick!
NOTE: Church Office hours during Thanksgiving week are different!
The Office will be open:
- Monday, November 19 - 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 21 - 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Friday, November 23 - 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The Office will be closed:
- Thursday, November 22 - Thanksgiving
Welcome to a dozen new members!
Sunday, November 11 was not only Armistice Day, it was New Member Sunday at Hadwen Park Church. We welcomed 12 new members with roots in Connecticut, Maine, Illinois, Ohio, Jamaica, Kenya, Uganda, and right here in central Massachusetts. The sun shown down on these several souls who confessed their faith and pledged their support for HPC. We welcome them and appreciate the gifts they are bringing to our faith community.
We appreciate their hard work!
Members of the Property Committee and a few volunteers met on Saturday, November 10 to do fall yard work around the church and to repair the siding high up on the steeple. Marc Methot and sons erected scaffolding, scrambled up and replaced clapboard that had blown off the steeple some time ago. Thanks to these members for their extra efforts to keep the church and grounds in good shape!
Listen to Worcester's WTAG AM 580 / FM 94.9
or watch "The Boston Channel," WCVB TV-5,
for closings or delays at HPC. You can also check this website, but do not depend on the website alone as it may not have been updated when you visit.
Giving thanks, making promises
On November 18, being the last Sunday of our Stewardship Campaign, we heard the last in a series of personal reflections on giving and on HPC's impact on the speakers' lives. We
rejoiced as a young couple brought their infant son for baptism into
the family of God. The choir sang an anthem of welcome. Thanks for the many gifts of our benevolent
Creator were offered through liturgy and prayer. We returned a portion of that abundance through offerings and pledges for the work of the church in 2019. (If you have not yet returned your pledge card, please bring it to worship soon or mail it to the office - address at top. The 2019 budget cannot be finalized without your commitment.) Thank you.